OLD IRVINE ROAD – MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Updated June 2021 EMcG
- Mental Health Nurse at the surgery – Marie Fitzsimmons. Ask reception for a phone appointment.
CRUSE Bereavement counselling – www.crusescotland.org.uk 0845 600 2227
- PETAL Support - bereavement counselling service supported by Scottish Government, working to support the victims’ families and friends bereaved by Murder, Culpable Homicide and Suicide or corona virus deaths. Phone 01698 324 502 to self refer. Offers phone counselling and skype/zoom one to one support
- SOBS survivors of bereavement by suicide for relatives or friends of suicide victim https://uksobs.org
- Online CBT via Silver Cloud ( on docman)
- Living Life telephone cbt (docman leaflet) self refer via 0800 328 9655 (Monday to Friday: 1pm - 9pm).
- Staff Care or Occupational Health for nhs staff
- Glasgow Wellbeing Website extensive patient information available
- Distress brief intervention service (volunteer service new for over age 16 crisis support for up to 2 weeks) www.dbi.scot
- CMHT or Crisis team
- Breathing space 0800 83 85 87
- Samaritans 08457 909 090 (24 hrs)
- East Ayrshire carers support https://eastayrshirecarers.org.uk 01563 571533
- BEAT – eating disorders https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
- BBC Headroom – mental health toolkit https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/YfRzhXDKSZQxFVn30TlXBj/your-mental-health-toolkit
- Covid 19 clear your head campaign. Advice on helping yourself feel better during the pandemic. https://clearyourhead.scot/
- Daylight self referral for anxiety. Computer-based help https://www.trydaylight.com/nhs Daylight Scotland Infographic
- Barnardos AXIS project for young people affected by drugs/ alcohol 01563 530646 Email : email@example.com Address : Barnardo's 3 Grange Place Kilmarnock Post Code : KA1 2AB
- Young carers ( via community connector/ s/w or VIA no 9)
- School nurses for children 4-18 mental health problems see shared drive child protection folder for their contact details
- Resilience alphabet for primary school kids https://education.gov.scot/improvement/scotland-learns/health-and-wellbeing-activities/resilience-alphabet/
- Parent advice https://www.parentclub.scot
- UK charity for prevention of young suicide https://papyrus-uk.org HOPELINEUK call 0800 068 4141 (open 9am-10pm weekdays, 2pm-10pm weekends and bank holidays).
- Molly Rose Foundation – charity for prevention of young suicide up to age 25. Includes primary and secondary school age information. https://mollyrosefoundation.org/resources/
- We are with you (formerly Addaction) 01563 558777 www.wearewithyou.org.uk
- Ayrshire Council on alcohol 01292 281238 or website www.acayr.org
- NHS addiction services on 01563 574237 or email AA-UHB.ClinicalAddictionServices-EastAyrshire@nhs.net
MISCARRIAGE/STILLBIRTH/ POSTNATAL DEPRESSION
- Miscarriage association https://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/about-us/ 01924200799
- SANDS (Stillbirth and neonatal death) https://www.sands.org.uk/ 0808 164 3332
- Crossreach Bluebell Perinatal Service tel 0141 221 3003 Monday – Thursday 9am -9pm https://www.crossreach.org.uk/our-locations/crossreach-bluebell-perinatal-service
- Rape Crisis 01563 541769 mon- thu 10-5, Friday 10-2.
- Women’s AID – 01563 536001
- Gingerbread single parent support charity https://www.gingerbread.org.uk/
- BREAK THE SILENCE – for survivors of child sexual abuse – 01563- 559558
- Social Work – 01563 554200
- Patient Advocacy – 01563 - 574442
- General Self Help Wide range of Topics https://web.ntw.nhs.uk/selfhelp/
- Community Connector – help with social isolation, benefits, housing, etc.