The Practice Charter – Help Us to Help You
Your doctor and their staff will always do their best for you. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary care health team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other's needs and co-operation between us.
Our Responsibility To You
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have a right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen on the same day if your appointment is urgent
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 30 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it is necessary
- Your repeat prescription will be ready to collect within 5 working days of your request
- Your suggestions and comments will be dealt with as swiftly as possible through our practice complaints procedure
Your Responsibility To Us
- Please treat your doctor and their staff as you would expect to be treated by them - with politeness and respect
- Please cancel appointments you cannot attend or no longer need - someone else is always waiting
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit your GP - good advice is often the best medicine
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend the surgery
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant's letter or the results of any test to reach us
- Use the tear-off slip to request your repeat prescription. Please attend for review, when asked, before your prescription is due
Thank you for helping your surgery to provide a better service.
We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.