Welcome to Old Irvine Road Surgery
Welcome to our practice which has evolved over the years and which, in 1989 moved from Grange Street to our purpose-built surgery in Old Irvine Road. The premises are adapted for disabled people and are easily accessible. In September 2000 we were one of the first practices in Scotland to achieve RCGP Practice Accreditation.
In November 2006 we expanded our services and now operate from an additional site at North West Kilmarnock Area Centre in Western Road, Kilmarnock, see the NW Kilmarnock Area Centre page for more information. We plan to provide a comprehensive range of services in surroundings which we hope are pleasant for both our patients and our staff.
NHS Ayrshire & Arran have set up a new travel health service. Basic travel immunisations will be given at an outpatient clinic in a local hospital. The surgery no longer administers or provides information on travel vaccines. To access this service you should go to the Fit for Travel website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk where the main referral route into the service is via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest information please visit our Mental Health page under Clinics & Services
NHS24's COVID special helpline - 0800 028 2816. Open 8am-6pm Mon-Fri. This is a non-clinical service for general coronavirus enquiries and to support individuals to book PCR tests who don't have internet access.
For non-covid health-related concerns, NHS Inform should be the first point of contact, or call your GP during opening hours. If your GP practice is closed and your query can’t wait you can still call NHS 24 (on 111).
Your Community Pharmacist can:
- Prescribe medication for you following a consultation, under the NHS Pharmacy First Scotland Service
- Treat many women from age 16 to 65 for urinary tract infections under the Pharmacy First service (where they meet certain criteria)
- Treat many patients from two years of age for impetigo under the Pharmacy First service (where they meet certain criteria)
- Treat patients over 18 for skin infections including infected insect bites under the Pharmacy First service (where they meet certain criteria)
- Manage Shingles under the Pharmacy First service (where they meet certain criteria)
- Provide your repeat prescriptions when your GP is not available (under certain circumstances)
- Give women advice and supply emergency hormonal contraception;
- Dispense prescriptions
- Give advice, support and where appropriate, prescribe nicotine replacement therapy to those giving up smoking
- Hold records of your medicines to ensure that the safety of any future medication is checked
- Provide a private area to discuss sensitive issues
- Give you advice over the telephone
- Give you advice on the best way to take your medicines
Many Pharmacies also offer:
- Advice on travel health;
- Pregnancy testing;
- Collection and delivery of prescriptions;
- Supervised methadone supply; and
- Needle exchange.
GP's and staff are working harder than ever during one of the most challenging times in Primary Care. However there has been an increase in violent and aggressive behaviour from patients. The Practice has a zero tolerance policy and will not stand for such behaviour directed at any GP or Practice staff.
Please help us work in a safe environment by treating our GP's & staff with respect.
Telephone Repeat Prescription Line Too Busy?
Why not avoid the queue when ordering your repeat prescription by ordering online? Follow the link below, answer a few questions about yourself and once registered, ordering online is quick and easy.
It may take up to 5 working days for your prescription to be ready at your chosen pharmacy. Please allow for this when ordering your prescription.
Please note, if you require to change your usual point of collection for your prescription, you must contact the practice.
Please do not order repeat prescriptions more than 7 days in advance
(Site updated 18/07/2022)